A successful solution would
- allow the Centre to manipulate the protein search process to use transcriptome data
- allow the Centre to transform the protein search results into a format suitable for visualisation along genomic data
- allow the Centre to transform peptide intensity data into a format suitable for visualisation along genomic data
- allow the Centre to publish data so other researchers can perform similar comparisons
- will reuse as much as possible existing software tools
- and reuse as much as possible existing IT knowledge from researchers, so they can adjust and maintain these tools in the future
Intersect follows software development best-practices based on an Agile process with regular meetings with stakeholders to ensure the end product delivers the most added value to them as per project objectives.
It also has a dedicated internal QA team, independent of developers, who serve as first filter between what is produced by the developers and what gets delivered to end users.